June 23, 2011

I got on the chevron train

If you spend any time browsing DIY decorator blogs you have noticed the chevron stripe trend. I love chevron stripes and knew I had to have them somewhere in my house. Here is how I made that happen.

I started with a very old and free magazine side table. (Thanks Westcotts)

I painted it grey just like my dining room table.

I printed a free chevron stripe template that I found online. Following a bloggers advice, I hammered little tiny holes along the template. This worked great. It kept the template in place and making the process of taping pretty easy. I removed the template and there were tiny little holes to line the tape up with.

Taping took a long time!

Two coats of paint later and a few little touch ups... TAA DAA!
It makes me smile!

6 comments:

The Martin's said...

mice job. i wish that i was there to sew and paint with you!

The Martin's said...

oh yeah... so gald you updated your blog background ;) it was looking pretty bad before!

Renee Westcott said...

really great job!

The Long Family said...

steph - way to go! hey i think amy is talking trash 'bout your blog background. umm...where have i been didn't even know that chevron stripes were "a thing"

one blonde mom said...

look at all your fun diy projects! way to go steph! looks awesome!

T said...

Looks cool! Can't wait to see more pics of your house!