March 14, 2010

Look What I Did!!!!

I ran my first 1/2 marathon! It was awesome. I ran the first Dallas Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon. The weather was PEFECT, there were 13 live bands along the course... and I had my own cheer squad!

Lauren and Erin cheered for me along the way and joined us for breakfast at Lucky's afterward.
My Gilbert family saw me twice and cheered me on to the finish line.

Here I am at about 12.9 miles... Almost done!
I ran my first marathon in just under two hours!!!!


9 comments:

Kaitlin L. said...

Totally impressed!

Laura said...

So cool! Good for you!

Renee Westcott said...

Superstar! I'm so proud of you, I couldn't do it.

Dan Westcott said...

Congrats! I love that you call it your "first 1/2 marathon." Does this mean there will be more? How many DeSutters and in-laws could we get to run the same 1/2 marathon?

The Martin's said...

Yeah! Congratulations Sis! I'm super proud of you! I guess you are planning to run more? what city is next?

Casey & Lauren Coats said...

wow! what an accomplishment! you're looking great! how long did it take you to prepare for this?

The Long Family said...

Great Job Sis - it was so fun to get your phone call after!!!! We HAVE to do one together...you are inspiring me to get moving again - note I said you "are" becuse I "haven't" yet!!

Christina said...

Well done - I have a new running partner - we'll have to go for a Colorado run!

Brett

Nancy D said...

What a great job, and under 2 hours,. So, Dan says that he will join us for the San Antonio Rock and Roll in November. I am game, who else? Steph, you look so happy! I am so proud of you and hope that you will put up with my slower pace next time we hit the path together! Love MOM