April 28, 2009

this rain storm deserves a name



Today I am supposed to be giving the 10th grade Math TAKS test but instead we are having an inclement weather day. Houston really needs to work on its flood control.

What is sad about this is that I have a ton of work to do and actually wish I could be at work today... or at least wish I had brought work home. In addition, Jon is really the one who needs the day off. He is super busy this week balancing work, going out of town, scheduling issues, and a test.

My other news of the day is that I am losing my really good sneaky internet deal I have with Sprint. I can live with out cable but not with out internet. So now I've got to find a good deal.

6 comments:

Renee Westcott said...

Did you take that picture? Don't be so sad about not being able to get work done! So are you gonna name the storm?

Stephanie said...

hey girl check out AT&T U-verse. See if they have it in your area. It's pretty good service for the price...

PS, dont think I have cable OR internet based on this post. We have yet to get either one.

I want to see you someday.

The Long Family said...

I had the same question as Nee - is this your picture?? If so I will take a snow storm any day over a flood - they are way less destructive and you can make great forts in them.

Jon and Steph said...

No, I didn't take the picture... but it is of a place close to our apartment... crazy huh?

Lauren and Brian said...

wow. this might be the only time you actually appreciate not being on the first floor of and apartment complex.

The Martin's said...

I'm glad you had an inclement weather day becasue you mailed my pillows to me ;) thanks sis!