July 25, 2010

Wrappin' Up June

The first three weeks of June were all about moving. Then...

Jon and I spent a weekend with his parents in Dallas. On Friday night we did exactly what I was dying to do... yes, my sweet father-in-law drove me around the city for hours so that I could look at potential areas to live. I loved it!

On Saturday night Jon and I attended our friend Brandon Neely's wedding. We looked good... check us out below. We had a SUPER fun night seeing old friends from college... many who we had not seen since our wedding. There was plenty of laughter and dancing!

See, I told you. Isn't my dress cute?!

The next weekend we hit up Hawaii... oh i mean Corpus Christi for a 4th of July weekend with my parents and the Westcott family. It was so fun. It was nice to have an intentional weekend together. The weekend was filled with food, dolphins, swimming, golfing, more dolphins, more swimming, and a lot more golfing.
Here we are about to enjoy some Indiana BBQ chicken. YUM!
My dad also made us homemade ice cream... delish.

Lydia is probably trying to convince someone to take her back in the pool... she is pretty persuasive for a two year old.



The golfers... my husband was in HEAVEN! 54 holes in less than 48 hours.
Oh, he was also in pain from carrying his golf bag the whole way.
They had a little competition going. It had something to do with their average handicap and then what they scored. I don't know. Sounds complicated. The winner was.... Dad!

While the boys golfed, the ladies managed to take TWO trips to the aquarium. Those dolphins are pretty cute!


So my Mom kept talking some gibberish about how our evening out by the pool in Corpus just reminded her soooo much of Hawaii. YES... she tried to compare Corpus Christi, Texas with Hawaii. Anyway... we decided to put on some Hawaiian music to set the mood. That turned into trying to get Lydia to hula dance... which somehow turned into the 17 seconds below. I told you, Lydia is very persuasive for a two year-old. If she says get on the diving board and dance... I DANCE!
I really can't believe I am doing this but Lydia is just too cute...


6 comments:

Sergio and Tashia Fernandez said...

That video was adorable :) I was laughing so hard. I love it!!

You guys are so cute. BTW.....LOVE the dress :)

Renee Westcott said...

This whole post makes me smile. Just thinking of how far away the weekend was from a weekend in Hawaii!!! I wouldn't bring my bossy two year old to hawaii. Nice dancing though.

Lauren and Brian said...

Did you hike the volcanoes while you were there too?
Actually, the real question is, what shoes did you wear with the dress?! You can't see your feet in the picture!

The Martin's said...

oh yeah, Hawaii... I see it now. that's where I want to vacation next year! ha!

love the hula! I wish we had been at the party weekend!

Nancy D said...

All
They forgot to mention the lovely gulf breeze, lack of mosquitoes, blooming hibiscus blooms in our hair, the distinct sound of the palms blowing in the breeze, full breasted hula dancers poolside, the flaming tiki lamps....and lush foliage on the green golf course. I do recall someone saying it 'does kind of feel like Hawaii!': better, we were all together! And we loved that. Thanks for coming. See you again soon. Love MOM

The Long Family said...

1st..that is a cute dress and 2nd what a cute clip of you and lydia...just loved it