"The Gilbert Leadership Conference exists to serve the students of Texas A&M University by providing freshmen the opportunity to develop themselves as leaders, to network and interact with one another, and to understand the leadership opportunities that are available across campus to them in their time at A&M. In keeping with the traditions of Student Government Association and Texas A&M University, the conference focuses on character, service, and involvement as well as to help better the student body of Texas A&M."
We were blessed to spend the weekend with the 32 Freshman delegates listening to speakers who encouraged us to develop our character, focus on service, and build meaningful relationships.
Here is the website if you want to learn more about the GLC... http://glc.tamu.edu/
AND... here are some pictures from our weekend
Us with the 2009 committee... some seriously cool people
Us with the 2009 committee... some seriously cool people
After the Friday night dinner, Jon's mom threw him a little party in their hotel room... it even included Sprinkles Cupcakes from Dallas... YUM!Jon and I listening to some speakers... or posing for the camera.


2 comments:
Oh my, I thought you were one of the college students with that sassy hairdo.
This is REALLY cool!! I am curious who the speaker's were?? I attend a lot of Leadership Conferences and I always feel so inspired after them. I actually teach a "Situational Leadership Seminar" to Veterinary Practice Managers and it is so COOL to help develop people and see them become better "Leaders". Truly inspiring!!
What a great conference!!!
Post a Comment