April 9, 2009

All the way back in March...

I went to Seattle for Spring Break. I haven't blogged about it and felt the need to share some of my amazing trip with you.

First of all... look how dang cute Cole is with his mama... (PS- I am the one making him smile for the pic! I don't wanna brag, but he sure likes me)

Cole was SOOO fun. I have some awesome Aunty skills. He just smiled at me all day long.

Some Highlights of the Trip: (other than Cole)

- Food: Is it wrong that I put food first? Amy is a great cook and whipped up some delicious dinners for us. Thanks Am! She even taught me a couple of things and sent me home with some recipes. Also, she treated me to some new experiences like: Trader Joe salads, Santorini's Greek food, hole-in-the-wall Italiano, and some weird expensive yummy frozen yogurt thing... what was that called??!!

- A skill... or a wannabe skill?: Amy taught me how to knit. Not only did I learn how to knit, I made a baby hat while I was there. It definately looks like a beginner made it. I am going to have to buy my own knitting needles to hone my skills.

-Reading: Even though I went to Seattle to "nanny" for Amy, I probably spent more time knitting and reading. I read a book titled, "The Sharper the Knife, the Less you Cry"... it was not as vicious as the title would lead you to believe. It is referring to cutting onions. It is about a woman's experience at cooking school in Paris. I loved it. (I read another book by Hemingway... but it came up short)

-Mountains: Amy would say that she lives in the "foothills" but when you are running or pushing a baby in a stroller... there is nothing hilly about that mountain she lives on. Seattle is beautiful and their neighborhood is fun to explore. I loved the cool weather... I could use some of that now.


It was such a fun trip. Amy and I got to visit a lot, Cole and I became best friends, Jeremy and I spent dinner together, and I got to relax.


Here are a few more pictures of Colden that I took while I was there.
Thanks Jeremy, Amy, and Cole! Next time, I'll bring Jon.

3 comments:

Renee Westcott said...

What a lil presh presh (that's one presh for you and one presh for Cole).

The Long Family said...

What a fun trip you had - you are a good blogger - such a energenic way with words - ummmm.....this next baby is a bit sad that Aunt Steph is not here to give it aunt hugs and kisses at the hospital---can you believe that was 3 years ago you did "nanny duty" for us when Matthew was born....Love You Sis!

The Martin's said...

awe... I love your summary of your trip! You do have GREAT Aunty skills!

thanks for coming all the way up to Seattle to see us. we love you!