Nada, Zip, Zero...
Okay, I am going to try to come up with a couple of things...
1. I got brave this morning.
You see, I really like the argyle background on my blog but thought the argyle border around the header was just too busy. This morning I had enough of it and decided to take on my fear of HTML code. HTML is just scary. I think that by simply looking at the code I might mess everything up. I got tough, went in there, deleted away, and look... it's gone!
Whew- I did not loose my entire blog and I am much happier with my new header.
2. I finished the book Jon got me for Christmas titled "Leap of Faith". It was encouraging to me. I am now on to "Holding Fast" which is a story told by Karen James, the wife of a mountain climber who died on Mount Hood. It should be a quick read. Now that Jon is taking a class and spending time on school work I have found a lot more time to read.
Once I am done with this I will move on to the third book in the Chronicles of Zion!
3. This is embarrassing but... this week I used my slow cooker for the first time. Can you believe it? It has been packed away since we got married. We cleaned out our closets recently and I knew I needed to unpack it. My kitchen is pretty tiny so I had to buy a decorative trunk for more storage.
What is the point of this?... I guess I am ready for good crock pot recipes! Want to Share?
4. I just thought of an amazing blog post idea... YES--- I have some prep work to do.
5. OOOOO look over to the left and scroll down past the Psalm. and what do you see???
A NEW WIDGET!!! Now you will be publicly recognized for commenting on my blog. Renee, aka The Westcott Family, is dominating. She must love me the most. =)
This also means I need to blog more so that you all will have something to comment on!
6. I wish I could just skip Feburary.
7. Last night I finished grading the first essay tests that my honor's class did this semester. The grades ranged from a 19 to a 100. I was pretty generous with that 19... I literally looked for points to give him.
8. I like this site... it is fun... if you are a girl... http://tipjunkie.blogspot.com/
Have good weekend!
11 comments:
Cool widget thing! I've only used my crockpot twice (actually, we're on our second crockpot - I'm not sure I ever used the first one, but it broke when we moved; so I just had to buy another one...) Anyway, check out this site for more recipes than you'll ever need: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
Good luck!
You crack me up! All that I have ever used my crock pot for is beer brisket...and it's pretty amazing. If you like brisket, I'll send you the recipe! When are you coming to Dallas next? I have someone I desperately want you to meet! She's already asking about Aunt Steph and Uncle Jon!
I really did want to comment on your post - not just so that I can be on the left side of your screen. Let's face it - I'm pretty competitive. You may be hearing a lot more from me!
Ohhhh! I'm winning! That's a "stay at home mom" benefit I did not expect. Um- how have you lived without your crockpot? I would have starved to death by now. Get a roast on sale at HEB, throw in cream of celery soup, potatoes, carrots, and celery. You have yourself a delish meal. Why skip February? It's the month of my birth.
Sorry Steph, I am not much help with Crock pot recipes. In the 3 years I have been married, ONCE is how many times I have used mine. I don't think the new ones work as well as the old one like my mom has at home.
We use our crock pot about once a month... probably more. And mainly, its used for Chili. 2-cans (28oz) diced tomoato, 1 tomoato paste (the little one), 1lb browned ground beef (or ground turkey, tastes the same in chili), 2 cans (16oz?) of chili or pinto beans, chili powder, onion salt and whatever else you want. I know you can make chili in a normal pot, but its usually better the second day, after the tomato breaks down. 4 hours in the crock pot = the same thing.
Wow steph, i did not know that there is a contest! you sounded lonesome to me. I sure would not have had time to blog when I was your age: a stay at home mother of 4 children, with one dog, ?? cats and kittens. And I still found time to come up with you! glad to hear about your books! I am glad you are enjoying reading. Love Mom
Oh yeah! #3 in comments! I like my crock pot. I have a good roast recipe. A frozen roast, can of cream of mushroom soup, can of cream of celery soup, packet of dry onion soup mix, on low for 8 hours and the roast is so tender you can cut it with a fork. Very yummy!
I'm in second place... that's not so bad!
I'm working on getting into first place... I must love you a lot too!
oh yeah... I'll send you a recipe... that should count towards the love-meter
even if I loved you more, Renee would probably still win the comment war.
ok, I'm done :)
Post a Comment