Jon finished up the semester with good grades and is busy in summer school right now. He is taking Business Ethics and Corporate Tax. I think he is starting to get sick of school. Thankfully, he only has one more semester of classes left.
There was a lot of moving going on in June. We moved, my parents moved and my brother's family moved.
That means there is a lot less of this.... =(

Jon and I moved (for the 4th time in 3 1/2 years) to the Energy Corridor district of Houston. Our apartment is conveniently or more like intentionally less than 3 miles from my sisters house. =)
We reeeaaaally miss our "set up" in The Woodlands but are finding things to be thankful for, like much easier commutes! Since we will not be in this apartment long we are "living simple". For example, I've only put one thing on the wall. That is hard for me... my instinct say "decorate the heck out of this place" but I know it is better to stay simple and not spend a dime on such a temporary place. In fact, we have about twenty boxes in storage in my mom's attic. Another positive thing about this recent change is that we can again attend our old church. We are happy to be there and thankful for the warm welcome back. Um, let's see what else I can be positive about... a tiny kitchen means less to clean up?! ooo ooo I thought of another, two sinks in our bathroom. Score!
Other big news in our life... Jon accepted a job in Dallas starting in January! Sooo... we are moving to Dallas next year. Crazy.
We have had a fun summer so far and so here are some future blog posts topics coming your way soon...
- Austin with the Stricklands
- fun weekend in Dallas
- July 4th weekend in Corpus Christi
- my trip to Seattle
- Glogster
8 comments:
Oh how I have missed you dear sister...wish we were only 3 miles apart1
Wait a minute-- where do you live now? I think we might be really close!
I'm so glad you are nice and close to me before you move FAR AWAY. See you this week!
yay. must blog more... More for us, less for your students!
I got so excited you moved closer to me and maybe just MAYBE we will see each other once?? Especially before you live in Dallas?
Also
What church are you guys going to?
its a 4 hour flight either way... bring Jon next time! looking forward to future blogs!
Dallas??? Awesome!! So excited for Jon's new job and look forward to hearing more about your new school year :)
Post a Comment