June 3, 2009

Ode to the Jetta





Oh how clearly I remember the day you came home to me.
That next morning at church I held that fancy flip key in my hand with pride.
Yes, the flip key was awesome.

You looked really cute in silver but,often I thought you should be the color yellow. Yellow, because you were quite the “lemon”.
Now that our days are done… I can barely remember the thousands of dollars we spent fixing you.

I know I will never forget your scent.
Everyone that got in my car would say… “ oh, it smells like crayons in here”… as if I didn’t know!
Crayons.

Your lil Turbo engine has zoomed me all around Texas.
We made a lot of fun memories and went great places.
Just short of 9 years and 150,000 miles.
Too bad you’re A/C went out or I would have kept you forever.

Good Bye to you, little Jetta.
We are driving on to greener pastures.
And Hello to our new car, A HONDA ACCORD!!!

5 comments:

T said...

How exciting!

Renee Westcott said...

It did smell like crayons. And I think I mentioned it every time I was in it. Come on, aren't you a little glad the AC went out?

Lauren said...

noooo!!! I didn't get to say goodbye! I have so many wonderful memories in that car...buuuut good riddance lil crayon smelling Jetta, hello new car smelling Honda Accord!

Congrats on the new car, you will love your Honda :)

The Martin's said...

I want to see a pic of your new wheels!

as for the Jetta, at least it didn't smell of rotten eggs from your older sister's friends and wasn't in several accidents, including up the curb and over the neighbors mailbox (again, compliments of an unnamed sister).

The Long Family said...

Oh, sweet sister of mine - am I being made fun of???? sorry I am so slow at reading this post - the "egg" civic never did really smell - not nearly like the crayon car did--remember riding with the boom box on the floor because we didn't even have a tape player I don't think??? At least it was a car---we could have always had to drive the big vans!