October 13, 2008

Chris, thanks for sailing the ocean blue...

Friday:
Jon and I joined friends at the JVHS Homecoming Football game. The poor Falcons lost. This is not new for them. We had a blast visiting with a bunch of other teacher friends. This past week was spirit week at school. I thought you might enjoy this picture of my boss... Yup!
I got to show off Jon to a few my students too!

Saturday:
We prioritized our whole day around The Red River Rivalry. For a football game, it was pretty fun! I made yummy salsa for us to snack on during the game.

Notice how clear that TV picture is... thanks to our digital converter box.


Saturday night we visited with our loves, The Westcotts. Little Lydia was a little bit grumpy but still managed to be precious. We ate dinner together and watched the movie "Flawless"... about diamonds in 1960 London... I love diamonds and London so I loved the movie.


Sunday:
We enjoyed church and Sunday School as usual. After, we went to lunch with 3 other couple friends. Together we checked out a new movie called Fireproof.
AMAZING!! A must see for any married couple. Get a babysitter and go see this movie. If you live close to me, call me, and I'll babysit so you can go see it! It is mostly about how Jesus Christ is the Savior of our lives and how He can save marriages. It is only in select theaters so check before you go.

Monday:
Columbus Day... I did my professional development in the summer so I had Monday off. Jon took it off with me! We had a Starbucks date, ran errands together, and then cleaned to apartment. Jon had bathroom duty and I had kitchen duty. He was such a good helper. Tonight Jon is off playing softball- hopefully he will come home with a "W"... something the Aggies may not see for awhile!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty great football game. Several of us gathered to watch it at the home of someone who has a satellite sports channel.

I also have to note that even on a Saturday, when Jon is sufficiently relaxed to watch a football game without his shirt on (did he have a letter painted on his chest or something?), he still has impeccable posture. I commend him for that.

Renee Westcott said...

You saturday night sounded awesome! And I guess I'll need you to babysit so I can see Fireproof.

Ally said...

Ok... come babysit so we can go see that movie! Just kidding, but I have really been wanting to see it. We'll have to hit up the grandparents for that one!

So glad to see that you guys are doing well. We really need to get together soon!